Monday, November 14, 2011

prepping for december daily



Recently I have been prepping for December Daily with Ali Edwards.  This is my first year partaking in this project, and perhaps I chose a wrong year to start (with a move coming up), but (a) I didn't know that this move was coming up this quickly when I decided I was going to do this, and (2) I feel that it is still an important project, moving or not.  I've been back and forth about going digital or traditional.  Earlier this week I had resigned to the fact that I would probably have to go digital with all my scrapbooking supplies packed away.  Then I decided against it and figured I could just pack up what I might need for my December Daily project in it's own little container and keep it accessible during the move and settling. 


Last night I printed out all of my foundation pages using Ali Edwards' 2011 December Daily Overlays.  I printed out the red version on Lily White Bazzill cardstock.



Today I worked on adding some patterned paper to the bottom section and figuring out what types of dividers and inserts I want to add to the album.



I ended up going with white vellum for the dividers.  I wanted to use various transparencies, but I couldn't get my hot little hands on any.  Since I have a pretty good amount of vellum in my stash, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use some up.


The number tags I ordered for the dividers haven't come yet, so I improvised.  I bought several different digital number elements (Musical Strips: Numbers by Katie Pertiet; For the Love of Circle Numbers by Ali Edwards -- I recolored these to match the Pink Paislee Snow Day papers; and Carded Monograms in Red by Katie Pertiet.), printed them out on cardstock, and viola:  I have lots of new numbers for my dividers!  I also used a Jillibean Soup number tag and some American Craft Thickers for my numbers.

When I have better lighting to take better photos, I will show you all the foundation pages along with their dividers and inserts. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment