Friday, October 28, 2011

friday food files: halloween edition




Welcome to the Halloween Edition of F r i d a y  F o o d  F i l e s.  With Halloween coming up in just a few short days,  I have been busy preparing costumes for the kidlets.  This year I am making them from scratch and have only gotten one about 1/2 way done -- it has proven to be difficult.  It may even prove to be the death of me.  Yikes!  Luckily, the other costume looks to be reasonably easy.  Yay!   So let's hope that I live through making the first costume so I can move onto the next. 

Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays.  It ranks right up there with Christmas.  In fact, I was just talking to my mom about how the people that make Holidays into "official" Holidays (you know, to give businesses an excuse to close and give kids the day off from school) really should decide to include Halloween on their list.  And perhaps the day after Halloween as well so we could all recover from our candy hangovers. 

Warning:  As I was looking through my photos to put this post together, I realized that I have quite a few cupcake links.  That's OK, though... cupcakes are always good. 



Jack Skellington cupcakes (source:  Kempenfelt Cakes)



Mummy dogs (source:  Our Best Bites)



Candy Corn sugar cookies (source:  Kathie Cooks)



Dexter Blood Slide suckers (source:  Instructables)



Tentacle Pot Pies (source:  The Family Kitchen)



Strawberry Ghosts (source:  Taste of Home)



Ghostly Pizzas (source:  My Recipes)



Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars (source:  The Girl Who Ate Everything)




Jello Blood Worms (source:  The Idea Room)



Pizza Mummies (source:  Family Fun)



Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars (source:  My Recipes)



Halloween Oreo Cookies (source:  Gingerbread Bagels)




Candy Corn Cupcakes (source:  The Sugar Turntable)



Earwax Appetizers (source:  Quick Dish)


Well, those are some of my favorite Halloween party foods.  Will you be finding yourself at a Halloween party this year?  Are you throwing a Halloween party this year?  Planning on any interesting foods? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you next time! 

P.S.  Please excuse my absence lately.  I'm buried under a pile of fabric! 

No comments:

Post a Comment