Friday, August 19, 2011

tantrum

As mentioned in a previous post, I finally finished a layout! It's been a long while since I've actually done some layout work, so it felt really nice to complete one.

These photos have been printed up for nearly a year waiting to be used. And they were actually taken four years ago in 2007. Yikes!

It felt a little strange doing a layout again (even though I love doing them) and so this layout didn't come together all that smoothly. Even still, it feels as though it's missing something.

tantrum layout


This was the first time I used acrylic paint on a layout (besides using it on an embellishment). I used Ranger's Adirondack Paint Dabber in Pitch Black to "ink" all the edges of my papers and some of the embellishments. Having acrylic paint in a dabber makes it so easy to apply paint... I guess that's the point! ::laugh:: I really don't think I would have used paint in this manner if I didn't have it readily available in a dabber.

tantrum layout


The following embellishment was created by layering different elements together. I started with some Tim Holtz tissue tape (I changed the color with Distress Ink), added a starbust punched shape, followed by a Tim Holtz gear, a punched star, a Tim Holtz game spinner, and finally a brad to hold it all together. Then I trimmed the tape with some pinking sheers.

tantrum layout


This was the first time I tried splattering paint on any of my projects. Maybe a layout wasn't the best place to do this for the very first time? It was a lot harder than I had anticipated. Perhaps because I wanted the splatter in specific places... not sure.

The splattering didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but I'm OK with that.

tantrum layout

tantrum layout

tantrum layout


I'm definitely loving those American Crafts Thickers and I think my supply of those needs to grow significantly. ::laugh::

tantrum layout

Something that I learned through the process of creating this layout, having it be so difficult for it to come together, and me not being entirely happy with it is this: I love this process and it's really OK if it doesn't turn out the way I had planned. Hopefully this message will stick with me.


The patterned papers I used in this layout came from several collection of Sassafras and Bo Bunny's Block Party collection. The cardstock is Bazzill.


2 comments:

  1. Oy. Don't we all have those days? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what it would be like if adults were allowed to go around throwing tantrums... can you imagine? LOL

    ReplyDelete